Friday is an award winning, smart digital agency that integrates user experience and marketing to build better brands. We’re driven by a passion to make digital experiences better. Way better.
Based in a stunning period building in Dublin’s Merrion Square, we describe ourselves as a close-knit team who work in an open, collaborative and fun environment. Everyone has a voice and we encourage the entire team to share their ideas and learn from each other.
We are a small but growing group of agile, highly skilled and experienced digital professionals, a mix of UX and UI designers, web developers, digital marketing specialists and strategic marketeers. Brands we work with include Danone, Press Up and Fulfil to attractions like Dublin Zoo and online merchants Unislim, Urbana and Baby Elegance.
We’re passionate about the convergence of art, technology and user experience. We want to work with people who share this passion and we’re looking for a new web developer to join the team and work on some exciting new projects.
Our main development focus is open source PHP and technologies such as WordPress. The role covers a range of technologies and project roles and is a great opportunity to work on new challenges with some interesting clients. We are very progressive in how we use technology, always looking for new ways to execute our ideas.
Employees benefit from an open, flexible, easy going and fun environment from where to work and grow. We offer generous holidays, employee perks, high end tech and opportunities for training and development.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Qualification in technical field B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related technology discipline minimum.
- Strong experience with WordPress and PHP, specifically custom theme development.
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a web developer in an agency environment.
- The ability to write clean, fluid code using modern standards and Git code management workflows.
- Experience integrating payment services such as Stripe, Realex & Paypal.
- Experience communicating with an API via AJAX.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Sketch, and/or Adobe XD file handling.
- Understanding of image compression and optimisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with UX designers, technical and non-technical teams as well as directly with clients.
- Git/SubVersion or other version control experience.
- Ability to mange, move, backup and create new web / cloud environments.
- Troubleshooting and debugging desktop, Android & iOS browser issues.
- Hawk eye, pixel-perfect attention to design detail when marked up HTML/CSS.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- You have experience in project management and working directly with clients as well as working with and managing a small development team.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment but are also comfortable working independently.
- A process driven approach to development with a strong focus on testing your work before anyone sees it.
- Take responsibility for tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and our digital team.
- WooCommerce experience.
- Angular (or some other JS MV* framework) is desirable.
- Experience developing websites, applications and CMS with PHP frameworks.
- Experience with domain and DNS management.
- Experience with Linux platforms / shell commands.
Friday is building one of the most talented digital teams in the country. To achieve our goals we want to hire the best. We see a limitless potential in what we do and with the right people to get there, anything is possible.
This is an opportunity for a talented developer to make a real difference by working with some of the best people for a diverse range of clients and project.
If you feel you are the right match for this role, please drop us a line with your CV and links to recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 3-4 years minimum
Strictly no agencies. Please and thank you.