Friday needs a talented new web developer
Are you a Web Developer? Want to join a close-knit team who work in an open, collaborative and fun environment?
Friday is an award-winning creative digital agency based in the heart of Dublin city centre. Whether we’re deploying digital strategies, creating powerful web & mobile user experiences – we transform organisations using digital.
We want to work with people who share our passion and right now we’re looking for a new developer to help with some exciting new projects. You’ll work closely with our UX team including our Digital Director, Senior developer and the senior creatives.
Our main development focus is open source PHP and technologies such as WordPress and Magento. However this role covers a wide range of technology and is a great opportunity to learn new skills. We are very progressive in how we use technology, always looking for new ways to execute our ideas.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Qualification in technical field B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related technology discipline minimum.
- 2-3 years experience working as a web developer in a commercial environment.
- The ability to write clean code using frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation (as well as without using a framework).
- Strong experience with WordPress, specifically theme/plugin development and code patching / updating.
- Experience integrating payment services such as Stripe, Realex & Paypal.
- Experience communicating with an API via AJAX.
- Proficiency in responsive design techniques and Photoshop/Illustrator file handling.
- Understanding of image compression and optimisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with UX designers, technical and non-technical teams as well as directly with clients.
- Angular (or some other JS MV* framework) is desirable.
- Git/SubVersion or other version control experience.
- Ability to mange, move, backup and create new web / cloud environments.
- Troubleshooting and debugging desktop, Android & iOS browser issues.
- Hawk eye, pixel-perfect attention to design detail with HTML/CSS markup.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment but are also comfortable working independently.
- A process driven approach to development with a strong focus on testing your work before anyone sees it.
- Take responsibility for tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and our digital team.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced start-up culture, agency side.
- Exposure to UX design process and related UX techniques.
- Magento and WooCommerce experience.
- Drupal, Joomla or Expression Engine experience.
- Experience developing websites, applications and CMS with PHP frameworks.
- Experience with domain and DNS management.
- Experience with Linux platforms / shell commands.
- Experience with web software security and server management.
- Eposure to NPM / Bower Package managers.
- Experience with Laravel Framework.
- Experience in client support.
Friday is building one of the most talented digital teams in the country. To achieve our goals we want to hire the best. This is an opportunity for a talented developer to make a real difference by working with some of the best people for a diverse range of clients and project.
If you feel you are the right match for this role, please drop us a line with your CV and links to recent work to email@example.com.
Experience: 2-3 years industry experience
Strictly no agencies. Please and thank you.