Friday Agency is looking for an Experienced Web Developer
Hi! Friday is an award-winning creative digital agency based in the heart of Dublin city centre. Whether we’re deploying digital strategies or creating powerful web & mobile experiences – we transform organisations using digital.
We’re looking for an experienced web developer to join our team, share our passion and work on some exciting new projects.
Our main development focus is open source PHP and CMS technologies such as WordPress. The role covers a range of skill sets and is a great opportunity to work with some interesting clients.
We’re passionate about design, technology and user experience. You could describe us as a close-knit team who work in an open, collaborative and fun environment.
For this role you’ll have:
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a web developer in an agency environment.
- The ability to write clean, semantic, well-documented code using the latest CSS / JS frameworks.
- A knowledge of maintaining websites built using Bootstrap or Foundation is essential.
- Qualification in a technical field e.g. B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related technology discipline.
- Strong experience with WordPress, specifically custom theme/plugin development.
- Solid experience with server administration and DNS management. Ability to manage, move, backup and create new web / cloud environments.
- Experience integrating payment services such as Stripe, Realex & Paypal.
- Experience in developing API integrations via AJAX.
- Strong Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch file handling.
- Ability to communicate effectively with UX designers, technical and non-technical teams as well as directly with clients.
- Angular / VueJS (or some other JS MV* framework) is desirable.
- Comfortable with Git or other version control tools.
- Troubleshooting and debugging desktop, Android & iOS browser issues.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment but are also comfortable working independently.
- You are an experienced web developer, however you have experience in project management and working directly with clients on project delivery.
- A process driven approach to development with a strong focus on testing your work before anyone sees it.
- Take responsibility for tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and our digital team.
- Comfortable explaining technical aspects of websites with non-technical team members and clients.
- Magento admin, configuration, styling and development experience.
- Experience developing websites and applications and CMS with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Codeigniter.
- Experience with Linux platforms / shell commands.
- iOS / Android app development experience.
Friday is building one of the most talented digital teams in the country. To achieve our goals we want to hire the best. We see a limitless potential in what we do and with the right people anything is possible.
This is an opportunity for a talented web developer to make a real difference by working with some of the best people for a diverse range of clients and project.
If you feel you are the right match for this role, please drop us a line with your CV and links to recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 3 years minimum
Strictly no agencies. Please and thank you.