Are you a web developer? Want to join a close-knit team who work in an open, collaborative and fun environment?
Friday is an award-winning creative digital agency based in the heart of Dublin city centre. Whether we’re deploying digital strategies, creating powerful web & mobile user experiences – we transform organisations using digital.
We want to work with people who share our passion and right now we’re looking for a new web developer to work on some exciting new projects. You’ll work closely with our UX team including our heads of UX and Digital Performance, senior developers and UI designers.
Our main development platforms are open source PHP and technologies such as WordPress. However, the role covers a range of technology and is a great opportunity to grow and learn new skills. We are very progressive in how we use technology, always looking for new ways to execute our ideas.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Qualification in technical field B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related technology discipline minimum.
- 2-3 years of experience working as a web developer in a commercial environment.
- The ability to write clean code using frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation (as well as without using a framework).
- Good experience working with WordPress, specifically theme/plugin development and code patching/updating.
- Experience integrating payment services such as Stripe, Realex & Paypal.
- Experience communicating with an API via AJAX.
- Proficiency in responsive design techniques and Photoshop/Illustrator file handling.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Schema, and Page Speed optimisation.
- Understanding of image compression and optimisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with UX designers, technical and non-technical teams as well as directly with clients.
- Angular (or some other JS MV* framework) is desirable.
- Git/SubVersion or other version control experience.
- Ability to manage, move, backup and create new web/cloud environments.
- Troubleshooting and debugging desktop, Android & iOS browser issues.
- You are a web developer with a hawkeye, pixel-perfect attention to design detail with frontend HTML/CSS markup.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about coding and technology.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment but are also comfortable working independently.
- A process-driven approach to development with a strong focus on testing your work before anyone sees it.
- Take responsibility for tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standards.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and our digital team.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced start-up culture, agency side.
- Exposure to UX design process and related UX techniques.
- Magento and WooCommerce experience.
- Experience developing websites, applications and CMS with PHP frameworks.
- Domain and DNS management experience.
- Experience with Linux platforms/shell commands.
- Web software security and server management e.g. Sucuri.
- Exposure to NPM / Bower Package managers.
- Experience in client support.
Because Friday is building one of the most talented digital teams in the country, we want to hire the best. This is an opportunity for a talented developer to make a real difference by working with some of the best people for a diverse range of clients and project.
Experience: 2-3 years of industry experience
Strictly no agencies. Please and thank you.