Friday is an award-winning digital agency that integrates user experience and marketing to build better brands. We’re driven by our vision that positive user experience should be the standard and not the exception.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team. You’ll collaborate on exciting new projects with our design and digital teams to create innovative designs for apps, websites and software. This is an opportunity to become a key part of a growing UX agency.
Based in a stunning, newly restored period building in Dublin’s Merrion Square, we describe ourselves as a close-knit team who work in an open, collaborative and fun environment. Everyone has a voice and we encourage the entire team to share their ideas and learn from each other.
We are truly passionate about the convergence of art, technology and emotion. We want to work with people who share this passion.
- 3+ years of professional digital UI/UX design experience.
- Expertise in working with client briefs and UX research output to create stunning, progressive and visually engaging UI design for apps and websites.
- Creative design thinking and ability to come up with concepts, styles and unique interfaces.
- A strong understanding of data focused user behaviour is evident in all your work.
- You’ll have a deep affinity with interface design including concept, layout, and typography. You will also have experience creating UI style guides and atomic design systems.
- Experience designing and prototyping your interfaces using applications such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Hawkeye, pixel-perfect attention to design detail.
Organisational & Technical Skills
- You are self-motivated, you can work independently as well as part of a team and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Consistent record of taking on, interpreting and delivering design projects within agreed deadlines.
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest creative standards.
- Solve complicated problems by working with UX researchers and designers to apply user-centred thinking and logic.
- Challenge established thinking and work closely with the management team to develop new ideas for the business.
- Excellent broad-ranging software knowledge with advanced skills in Figma as well as Above Creative Cloud software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The ability to lead the team’s creative brainstorms.
- Engage and collaborate with clients directly, build relationships and provide the highest level of customer service in line with our values.
- Brilliant time management and task organisational skills.
- Experience estimating project scope, timing and costs.
- The role needs strong interpersonal and communication skills. You should be able to present and sell work and be open to feedback.
- Work closely with the agency management on growing the agency and the UX team.
- Leadership skills, ability to grow, educate and motivate your team.
- A good understanding of UX research and design process including usability testing, user surveys, interviews, card sorting/tree testing and website/app audits.
- Experience in carrying out quantitive and qualitative user research.
- Experience creating a range of deliverables and concepts such as site-maps, user flows, personas and wireframes.
- Creative and conceptual thinking for digital advertising campaigns including concept creation and art direction.
- An understanding of open source technologies such as WordPress & WooCommerce.
- Creative design skills and the ability to storyboard creative animation sequences.
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3 and front-end web development frameworks.
Friday is building one of the most talented digital teams in UI/UX and digital. To achieve our goals we’re driven to hire great people. We see limitless potential if we can find the right talent to grow and share in our success. This is a big opportunity for a designer to make a real difference by working with some of the best people for a diverse range of clients.
Employees benefit from an open, flexible, and easy-going environment from where to work and grow. We offer generous holidays, employee perks, hybrid working, high-end tech and the opportunity for training and development.
If you feel you are the right match for this role, please drop us a line with your CV and examples of relevant recent work to email@example.com
Experience: 3 years minimum.
- Competitive salary based on level
- Flexible, remote and hybrid working options
- Pension plan with company contributions
- Generous holidays and mobile phone plan
- Extra day annual leave on your birthday
- Paid sick leave
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Opportunities for further training and development
- The challenge of working with a large variety of major national and international brands
- A fun and collaborative working environment
No agencies. Please and thank you.